...Small Group Fellowship and Discipleship
LIFE Groups are small groups of 6-10 members who meet weekly to help each other grow closer to God through prayer, study, fellowship, and mutual understanding. The mission of each LIFE Group is to grow closer to God and one another through prayer, study, and fellowship in order to live out our faith in the real world.
Life is lived and experienced together in small groups at Lord of Life.
Make an Online Connection with a Real-World Small Group
Do you want to join a LIFE Group and be notified when new groups are starting?
Do you want to start a LIFE Group?
- Contact the LIFE Groups Ministry Team Leader.
Benefits of a LIFE Group
Here are what our members are saying about LIFE Groups:
- Great to get to know some church members better...I feel I've made friends for life!
- ...encouraging, supportive, a place for spiritual growth/challenge/discussion
- Built camaraderie, shared experiences, studied together, prayed together
- I enjoyed sharing experiences and getting to know members of LOL, one being a newer member,
- another has been a member longer than I. Helped me with my spiritual growth!
- It's easier than you think to make the time and commit to meeting weekly. In fact, I looked forward to it!
- CAST helps to expand your spiritual journey beyond traditional church/sanctuary traditions. Interaction is more intimate which can be wonderful and supportive especially during a crisis.
- How fun it can be to be in a group where you know NO ONE to start, but you get to know them wonderfully, deeply by meeting weekly
- How wonderful it is to get to know people on a different level than you get on a Sunday morning.
- It is a great time to have worship in small groups and share any hardships you may be going through with others who will help you get through it. It's also great to get to know more people!
Please contact the LIFE Groups Ministry Team Leader.
Are you in a LIFE Group and looking for something new to study? Are you thinking of starting a group and need some ideas for study materials? Here are some suggestions for getting started:
- Check out the library located in the education wing (room 212) — it is on the left as you enter the doors closest to the playground area. Here you will find material that groups have used and placed in the library to share. There are also many sets of study materials designed especially for small groups. Take a peek!
- Take a field trip to a Christian book store (e.g. Lifeway, Cokesbury) and as a group select your study material. Think outside the box — it doesn’t always have to be a book. Don’t forget about CD’s, DVD’s and daily devotions — just to name a few.
- Contact the LIFE Group Ministry Team Leader for a more ideas.
Fellowship, study, service, relationship building — whatever your reason please prayerfully consider joining or starting a LIFE Group.
Example: Choosing a Topic to Study
Each group selects their own Scripture study. This past year one of the groups started their study with Ephesians and read/discussed the chapters in conjunction with the sermons for that month. They never did pick the exact theme as Pastor’s but enjoyed the challenge of trying – and then discussing the sermons.
Their current study is a book by Philip Yancey, The Bible Jesus Read. This book takes a close look at selected Old Testament books — Job, Deuteronomy, Psalms, Ecclesiastes and the Prophets. With Yancey’s help the group is discovering how the Old Testament deals with the issues that seem to trouble New Testament people the most. After all these stories are the bedtime stories of Jesus, the songs are ones He sang, and the poems are the ones He recited and the Prophets are the ones He quoted.